Friday, December 18, 2009

Annual car inspection

Well it was time to do the annual car inspection yesterday. We left Aysen around 8:30 and made it to the only car inspection facility in the region around 9:30. Waited in line, paid the $40 and waited the 30 minutes as they ever so slowly did the few tests. Efficiency isn't one of the strong points here. Finally they tell us the car failed. Seems it wasn't aligned close enough. Went to the tire place they said they could see me late afternoon. Good news is I saw the boss who remembered I bought $1000 worth of tires a few months ago and they squeezed me in next. Got the car aligned 30 min and $24) and headed back. Waited in line, went inside, waited another 30 min. Car passed, that will be $10 more for the second inspection. While I was waiting I noticed EVERY OTHER CUSTOMER FAILED the inspection at least once. Hmmm. I detect a strong odor of fish.
We arrived home late afternoon.

No comments: