Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mouse trap

Well, it seems it happens every year. When the weather gets cold the mice move in. I keep rat poison set out and monitor it, when it starts to disappear I know they are back. Some disappeared a few days ago and I set more out. It went too so I set more out. After about 5 packets going away I set about 3 packets at a time out. They ate that as well. So I set about 5 packs out, that took them a few days but they ate that up. By now I was kinda ticked, I mean I spent probably $8 or $10 on poison and it looked like they just thought I was putting snacks out for them.
So I made a mouse trap. They do sell them here but they are expensive, made of all metal, and the bar has sharp teeth on it and it looks like it would literally cut a mouse in two. Yuk. So I made a trap that would tip the mouse into a 5 gal bucket and baited it with a piece of pepperoni. I’ve caught 3 so far.

No comments: